Today we have fellow Down & Dirty anthology author Elena Kincaid here to share with us one of her family’s favorite recipes, along with her story, When Fire Meets Flame!
When a daring rescue turns out to be the least of their worries, Tristan vows to keep Riley safe. He’s not letting her out of his sight again.
As a private detective, Riley Scott has witnessed her fair share of the ugly side of relationships. She guards her heart like a fortress, but a pair of sizzling blue eyes threatens to take down all of her barriers. He came to her rescue through a blazing fire. Now, she could only hope he would not incinerate her heart.
Tristan Cain hasn’t been able to let go of his red-headed angel, or his promise to get justice. Fate throws them together again when he once thought it would be impossible, and when a daring rescue turns out to be the least of their worries, Tristan vows to keep her safe. He’s not letting Riley out of his sight again.
Let me start off by saying I am not a great cook, baker, or candlestick maker, 😉 so the dessert recipe I am sharing with you was actually prepared by my fourteen year old niece for one of our big family dinners. This girl can definitely bake because these mini cheesecakes were absolutely delish.
Vanilla mini cheesecakes
1 cup crushed graham crackers
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
4 Tbsp melted butter
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup whipping cream (or heavy cream)
1 cup raspberries
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 4 Tbsp melted butter. Press onto bottoms of 18 paper- lined muffin cups. Refrigerate until needed.
3. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar with mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Do not over blend
4. Spoon batter into crusts.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until centers are almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 2 hours.
6. Beat whipping cream with mixer in medium speed until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat. Add confectioners sugar and mix together with standard whisk.
7. Spread whipping cream onto cheesecakes. Top with raspberries.
Elena Kincaid is an award-winning and Amazon best-selling author. She writes Paranormal and Contemporary Romances with alpha males who stop at nothing to protect their women, heroines who are anything but damsels in distress, and stories where the only love worth fighting for is the forever kind of love.
She was born in Ukraine and raised in New York, where she currently lives with her daughter. Her desk is constantly cluttered with journals, sticky notes, and torn-out pieces of paper full of ideas. When not working, Elena loves to spend time with her family, travel the globe, curl up with a good book, and catch up on her soaps.
Author Social Media links:
FB Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/elenakincaidthree
Street Team: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SMEstreetteam/