Today we have fellow Down & Dirty anthology author, London Saint James, here to share one of her favorite recipes, as well as her story, Destiny Happened.
When it comes to luck in love, well…let’s just say I had none. That is, until the day I kissed a stranger.
Destiny Happened Blurb:
Of course, I noticed Mr. Shirtless. With a bod like his, who wouldn’t? But his hot-factor didn’t matter. What did? My asshat ex and the need to make him jealous. So, I strolled up to the panty-melting stranger as though I knew him and laid one on him, hoping said asshat would see I’d moved on just fine without him. Only, he never saw me kissing another man.
I spotted her—honey-blonde hair gleaming in the sun as she came my way. I’d flirt. Smile. Maybe get her number. I sure the hell didn’t expect her to toss her arms around my neck, mashing her body against mine, and kiss the ever-loving shit out of me. Then, she stopped. Stepped back. Blushed. Whispered “Sorry” and blended into the crowd.
I never got her name that day. Or her number. However, fate had other plans and Destiny happened…again.
I will confess. I am a chocolate lover. Yes, I love the stuff. And you know what? I happened to catch a man—or maybe he caught me *Wink*—who loves to indulge me. Soon after we first met, he made me a chocolate pie from one of his grandmother’s recipes. I knew then he was a keeper.
Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Pie
Makes Two Pies
- 2 pre-made pie shells (this saves time but for those of you who love to bake, feel free to make the pie shells from scratch)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons of self rising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of Hershey’s Cocoa
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 large tub of Cool Whip topping
- Pre-bake the pies shells in your oven until golden brown and flakey then let them cool.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together, white sugar, self rising flour, salt, and cocoa. Blend well.
- In a large sauce pan mix the eggs yolks, the whole milk, the vanilla, and the butter together. Add all of the dry ingredients once the better melts completely into the liquid ingredients. Stir well over a medium heat. Do not let the mixture stand without continuous stirring until the contents becomes thick.
- Once the pie filling has reached a thick, chocolaty consistency, pour the filling into the pre-made, pre-backed pie shells.
- Let the pies cool. Once the pies are cool, add Cool Whip to cover the top of the pies. Then serve, and enjoy.
London Saint James has lived in many places, but never felt “at home” until she met the real-life man of her dreams and settled down in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. London lives with her husband and their fat cat who thinks he owns them.
As an award-winning, international bestselling author, London is living her childhood dream. She knew all the scribbling she did, that big imagination of hers, and all those clamoring characters running around in her head would pay off someday.
Author Social Media links:
Join London’s Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlipBetweenthePageswithLondon/
Sign up for London’s monthly news letter: http://eepurl.com/cHacXb