Down & Dirty in the kitchen with Rose Nichol #DownandDirty #D&D @romancerebels69 @RoseNickol
Today we have fellow Down & Dirty anthology author Rose Nichol here to share with us one of her family’s favorite recipes, along with her story, Rescuing Trent!
Trent Simmons has spent his life rescuing others. Can Pricilla rescue him from himself and teach him it’s okay to love again?
Trent Simmons had spent his life helping others. While recovering from the injury that got him discharged from the service, he met the woman he thought he was going to spend his life with, but it was not meant to be. He spent the next several years infiltrating a human trafficking slavery ring recusing countless women. Pricilla Wilder had decided she was happy living alone. She had watched her mother raise two children on her own and do a wonderful job. She didn’t need a man in her life. Then an insane madman targeted her and her sister trying to extract revenge on their father. Trent was assigned to be one of Pricilla’s bodyguards. The woman was smart, and sexy. Trent can’t ignore the feelings she awakens within him—feelings he thought had died years ago. Can he convince her to give him a chance or will fate once again destroy his world?
I found this recipe on the web about a year ago and it quickly became a family favorite. This is not an original recipe. It can be found on this website. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a46964/tamale-pie/
Tamale Pie Ingredients
YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS
1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. creamed corn
1/3 c. red enchilada sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
small handful cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
PREP TIME: 0:10
COOK TIME: 0:40
TOTAL TIME: 0:50
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare cornbread base. In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, sour cream, creamed corn and egg. Whisk until evenly combined. Pour into a large cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool slightly in pan.
- Meanwhile, make your taco meat. Sauté onions over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper and spices and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ground beef and stir to break up meat. Season to taste and sauté until cooked through. Remove skillet from stovetop and drain excess fat.
- Poke entire surface of cornbread with a fork. Pour enchilada sauce over the cornbread. Add the meat mixture and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and broil until cheese begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro, if desired.
Rose Nickol started writing in high school and although she played with it for years she wasn’t published until June of 2014. Since then she’s published twenty books with more to come. She’s mother to a 15 yo daughter, 8 yo puppy and 1 yo kitten. She lives with her family in central Florida enjoying the sun.
Author Social Media links
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/rosenickolauthor/
Facebook Readers Group: Petal of Rose https://www.facebook.com/groups/402075540218527/
Newsletter subscribe: https://rosenickol.us17.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=b8ee549f2028fa1133ca91153&id=ef6d40c51a